‘TOOLBOX’ training program
MAPA and The Eddy Kay Group are excited to announce a new MAPA member benefit . . . a Sales and Management Training Program exclusively for members of Michigan Automotive Parts Association. There is no cost to you. MAPA purchased this program for you as a gift to you for being a valued member!
The ‘TOOLBOX’ training program will increase your sales, decrease your stress and allow you to remember how much fun retail is. Eddy calls it ‘Rush Hour University’. It is designed to be listened to in your car. You do not have to memorize it, take notes or study.
Just by exposing yourself to the material, you will learn the course without ever knowing how it happened. On your way to work. On your way home. When you’re in the car by yourself. Over and over for 30 days. You’ll be a hero, love your job, and make more money. Did we mention more money? The files are download to your desktop. From there you can put it on your iPhone, iPod, Driod, MP3 player, or burn it to a CD.
THE TOOLBOX COURSE OUTLINE - The Retail Sales Training Course
Introduction: In this module you will learn what it takes to become a salesperson and the pride of being one. It will also disclose the value of distressed merchandise commonly known as Zingers.
Customer Service: Is not a department or an action. It is an attitude. This module outlines how to take the manners you already have and make sense out of them in the store. Too often we forget that each customer is a precious jewel we cannot do without. It is more than just being polite. It is the ability to antici- pate the basic needs of the public. And once you understand those needs you can turn your store into a place they would rather shop. Includes: Customers Buy With Their Senses, The Turnover, Making Outrageous Complaints Fun, Leaving Your Ego At The Door and Taking Responsibility.
Beginning Relationships: There are few customers who actually like salespeople. Most people would rather buy from a friend of theirs than a salesperson. In Beginning Relationships we learn how to have customers drop their defenses, stop viewing us as the enemy and perceive us as a friend trying to help. It takes several minutes at the start and lays the ground work for the rest of the sale. Includes: The Recognition, Small Talkin’, The Turn Around, The Opening and Just Looking.
The Interview: With each customer having a different idea as to what is important in life, it is difficult to really know what they want. It is often different than what they ask for. A proper Interview narrows down the possibilities and allows the salesperson to show the customer exactly what they need. Includes: Open Ended Questions, Small Talkin’ Opportunities and How to Listen To A Customer.
The Demonstration: This chapter details how to turn a products strengths into a sale. It is the most fun part of a sale. Includes: Feature Bashing, Benefit vs. Advantage, Creating Desire, Establishing Value, Talking Price.
Handling Objection: How to handle the nightmare statements: This is the first place I’ve shopped, I have to think about it, My car is in the shop, I’m waiting for my income tax check. Find out the real reason they are not buying from you. Includes; The Be-Back Bus, Price or Product, Budget vs. Value and The Be-Back Shuffle.
Stepping and Stacking: Stepping is steeped in the belief all customers would rather have something better, this chapter teaches how to give better customer service by selling better / more product. Includes: Stepping Off The Ad, Synergistic Selling, Stepping Sideways and The Switch.
Stacking: The tour bus stopped at your store and you are short handed. This chapter teaches how to wait on several customers at the same time. Includes: Creating The Illusion, The Recognition, The Theater Stack and The Wild Bill Hikcock Maneuver.
In Off The Phone: How many times has the phone rang more often than the number of customers who walk in the door? 50% of our customers are walked before they get to our store. We walk them on the phone. This technique gets the customer into the store where we can sell them. Includes: Your True Voice, Answer Every Question with These Questions and The Confirmation Number.
Closing: Salespeople seldom ask for the sale. It is not only scary, but many salespeople believe it is rude to ask for someone’s money. The salesperson and customer keep talking until one of them gives up or faints. If every sale had an attempted close, your sales would increase 30% out of the gate. Includes: Buying Signs, Types of Closes, Adding-ON and Nailing The Sale.
Competing With Big Box Retailers: The Walmarts of the world are not the death knell for the one store company. The big box giants are slow to move and cannot implement change on a whim. You have to compete where they cannot. Give the customer something tangible and valuable not available to the big guys. This chapter will teach you what, where and how.
Competing With The Internet: When a customer asks if you will match an internet price you have to wonder why they didn’t but it. If they have been on the net, they have been everywhere. You are their last stop. There is a reason for that. This module will give you all the reasons they didn’t buy it on the net. You will also learn how to make the net draw customers into your store; the only place you can sell them.
(How To Negotiate Price): There are many retail industries that are famous for negotiating price. They give away much more than they have to. This chapter will help resolve that issue. It will teach you how to give the customer what they want without you losing a sale or a customer.
THE MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE
The Opening / Hiring: Sales and Management are two different jobs; Don’t be held hostage by your staff; Veterans are not always the best bet; Questions to ask in an interview
Motivating The Staff: All motivation is self motivation; You have to remove the roadblocks; Show them they way
Training: The importance of training; Are they willing or not; You can’t teach them to be willing
The List: Identify all aspects of their job; Teach them one by one; Play ‘Show Me’
The Write Up: You only manage on the data; The data never lies; You don’t want to fire anyone, EVER!; Consequences
Performance Reviews: Everyone wants to know how they’re doing; Gives them a chance to tell you how you are doing; Gives them a chance to tell you what they need from their job
Stress: Pressure without control
Remember: This is a benefit for MAPA members only. Membership, indeed, has its privileges.
For THE TOOLBOX COURSE download Instructions, contact MAPA office via email, phone or fax and we will be happy to provide you with download instructions and passwords.
Sign Up and Save
The Michigan Automotive Parts Association has partnered with DBI to help you save money on office products you use every day. Among the member benefits you'll receive after signing up are:
- Up to 60% off on over 200 Best Value Items
- Free Next Day Delivery - No Minimum Order
- Free Introductory Welcome Package
- Easy Ordering Options - On-Line, Phone, Fax or Email
- Dedicated Customer Service Representative
- Analysis of Your Expenditures for Optimal Savings
Sign Up Today!
Sign Up and Save (click here)
New Customer Special (click here)
Custom Printed Logo Items
24/7 Online Ordering With Instant Online Proofing From
MAPA Member Collection Services Program
We are pleased to endorse Universal Credit Services, a local
independently owned Michigan company located in Hartland, Michigan
as MAPA’s new Collection Services program partner.
- 40 years of credit & collection experience.
- Contingency based agency - no front end layout of cash or long term commitment.
- They get paid when you get paid!
- Accounts assigned within 1 business day.
- Skip Tracing and Asset Discovery.
- Preferred MAPA member rates.
- Customized recovery solutions.
- Judgments and second placements.
- Up to date collection reporting.
Attorney and legal service.
- Fully compliant in over 40 states.
- Full service agency, licensed, bonded and insured.
MAPA Member Preferred Rates Recovery Fees (contingent upon collection);
|Flat Rate (No other fees or charges will be assessed)
|Business Activity Reports:
Be sure to mention your MAPA membership to qualify for these preferred rates.
To Get Started, Contact Universal Credit Services or the MAPA Office;
Jennifer Dietrich, Universal Credit Services
3588 Avon, P.O. Box 133, Hartland, MI 48353
Phone 800.931.3711, Ext. 118 • Fax 810.632.3455
Debbie Cook, Michigan Automotive Parts Association
Phone 1.800.678.6272 • Fax 517.886.0929
||Tired of not getting paid?
||Tired of excuses?
||Tired of strained business and personal relationships?
||Tired of accounts on C.O.D.?
||Tired of cash flow problems?
||Tired of hollow court judgments?
||All the downsides of trying to collect past due account.
Let MAPA’s endorsed collection agency, Universal Credit Services help. Their success rate is impressive, their recovery fee structure simple. They handle all accounts including second placements and active judgments.
Time is money - don’t delay,
turn over those accounts today.
Quality Results * Quality Service * Collection Result$ That Count! * Get Started Today!
New MAPA Program Announcement ...
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
MAPA is excited to announce we have partnered with Human Resource Management Services, LLC to provide MAPA members with an exclusive member only money saving program designed to help members deal with human resource issues. This new program offers members simple, affordable and understandable human resource services and … all MAPA members receive a 5% discount on all services!*
Where do you turn for help when faced with an employee problem? Whether it be a poor performer, a question on overtime, filling positions with qualified staff or creating company policies, there are few options available to get help. Human Resource Management Services, LLC has over twenty years experience of providing expert assistance in the accomplishment of company goals assisting in just about everything related to dealing effectively with employees. HRMS can help you develop programs based upon your company’s needs.
|Services include but are not limited to:|
| Employee relations|| Performance development|
| Customized handbooks|| Policies & procedures development|
| Management and supervisory coaching|| Staffing|
| Job descriptions|| Human resource audits|
| Training|| Personnel file system|
| Performance appraisal systems|| Federal and State regulation compliance|
| On site services|| Specialized staffing services|
| Customized presentations|| And more ….|
HRMS works for you to develop human resources systems that work.
Call today to get started!
| Toni Talbot, SPHR|
Human Resource Management Services, LLC
P.O. Box 162, Williamston, MI 48895
(517) 655-3959 (Office and Fax)
* Must mention MAPA member for 5% discount
P.O. Box 81010, Lansing, MI 48908-1010
Phone 1-800-678-6722 517/886-0905
You can have the services of an H.R. department without having to employ an H.R. department.
How much time do you spend dealing with employee problems, time you should be spending on your customers and clients? This service provides a regular and consistent resource for all employees, managers, supervisors, and staff, to have access to expert consulting, coaching, and counsel on employment related issues. This allows these issues to be dealt with before they become problems – a little preventative medicine. HRMS can be on site on a set and consistent date and time.
- Aid in core H.R. functions including staffing, compliance, training, benefit and compensation administration, etc.
- Assistance to employees for problem solving, relationship skills, and a vehicle for communication.
- Coaching and guidance to managers and supervisors on dealing with employee issues, including performance development, employee relations, and supervisory skills.
- Facilitation services to allow meetings to be more productive and results oriented.
- Consulting with senior management on broader strategic human resource issues.
|Specialized Staffing Services|
|Specialized staffing services where HRMS facilitates and expedites the entire hiring process, customized to your needs.|
Services may include:
- Writing the job description
- Writing and posting the job advertisment
- Screening resumes based upon the established criteria
- Conducting telephone screening interviews
- Presenting candidates for face-to-face interviews
- Developing face-to-face interview questions
- Working with hiring manager on the face-to-face interview
- Aiding in the evaluation and assessment of candidates
- Conducting reference and background checks
- Facilitating the offer process including negotiation
- Constructing offer documentation
- Providing all final documentation
- Developing the orientation and training process
Training and Presentations Topics
- Fundamentals of Supervision – teaches the foundation for understanding the true role of a supervisor and providing a tool box of skills that can be immediately implemented.
- Recruiting – techniques that will help expand the net to recruit top candidates for consideration.
- Interviewing and Hiring – techniques that will educate hiring managers and improve the interviewing and hiring process.
- Coaching – provides concrete techniques that teach participants coaching skills. These skills will improve a person’s ability to positively influence changes to behavior for others and themselves.
- Performance Development – addresses how to influence employee’s performance and formalize the steps to improve performance and productivity.
- Employee Discipline – demystifies the process and allows participants to walk out with the skills they need to handle employee disciplinary action.
- Retention – techniques and tools to help retain top performers.
- Leadership – discusses what true leadership is and how to develop these leadership skills.
- Sexual Harassment/Harassment – provide an overview of harassment and how to handle situations of harassment, two programs are available, all staff or only supervisory staff.
- Employee Policy Development – addresses importance of having sound policies and how to write a policy that will work.
- Fair Labor Standards Act Compliance – an overview of the provisions of the FLSA what is involved to comply with this complicated, ever changing act.
- Record Retention – an overview of the recordkeeping requirements for H.R. related documents.
- Dealing with the Substance Abusing Employee – a step-by-step process on how to deal with employees you may suspect may have a substance abuse problem.
- Personal Problems Brought into the Workplace – bad things happen to people and sometimes these bad things impact the workplace and result in performance or behavior issues from otherwise good employees. This session provides the tools needed to effectively handle these situations.
- Investigating Employee Misconduct – when accusations fly, you need to gather the facts. This often means you will need to conduct a formal investigation of misconduct before any action can take place. This session provides you with a step-by-step procedure on how to conduct this investigation.
- Hot topics in H.R. – H.R. is always changing, this session proves an overview of all the Hot Topics going on in the H.R. arena that you will need to know, but may not have the time or resources to keep up.
- Answers to your H.R. Questions – answers are provided to Frequently Asked Questions, also allows for interaction with the audience to present any other questions they may have.
- Tips on Handling Disability Claims – Disability claims are often touchy issues, whether work related or non-work related. Employers need to be careful on how they handle these claims and make sure they are looking out for both the company and the employee.
Human Resource Management Services, LLC - 517.655.3959 - Michigan Automotive Parts Association - 1.800.678.6272.
Page 1 of 2